Current RCVS Vacancies
Members will be appointed to serve on only one of the PIC, the DC, or the VN PIC as appropriate. In addition, it is proposed to identify candidates who could be appointed to any of the four committees, including the VN DC, if casual vacancies arise after 1 July 2015.
- veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses must be currently registered veterinary surgeons or veterinary nurses.
- lay persons must never have been veterinary surgeons or veterinary nurses and must not be qualified to be so registered.
All committee members must:
- be committed to the seven principles of public life (see annex A of the Candidate Information Pack);
- understand the importance of maintaining public confidence in the regulation of the veterinary profession;
- be able to grasp detail and contribute to objective decision-making by exercising sound judgment;
- be able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with a changing group of colleagues from a range of backgrounds and experiences;
- have good oral communication skills; and
- be able to manage time effectively.