- AA0401 - RCVS - Lay Member for Audit and Risk Committee (ARC). Closing date: 11 May 4pm
- About the RCVS and the ARC
- Person Specification of the ARC Lay Person
- Conflicts of interest
- Fitness to be a member on the ARC
- Terms and conditions of office
- Timeline, Application Process and How to apply
- Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring
- Annex A: The seven principles of public life
- Advert PDF
- Candidate Brief PDF
Welcome from Janice Shardlow, Chair of the ARC
I am delighted that you have expressed an interest in applying to be a member the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) of the RCVS. This committee supports RCVS Council by reviewing the comprehensiveness and reliability of assurances and internal controls in meeting the Council’s oversight responsibilities.
I joined the Committee in 2017 and became Chair in 2021. I have found that being a member of the Committee provides an opportunity to make a key governance contribution to a unique and interesting organisation.
An opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant to join the Committee. If this is an opportunity that appeals to you and you believe you have the required skills and knowledge plus commitment to the seven principles of public life, we would very much like to hear from you.
For a confidential conversation with Thewlis Graham Associates, who are managing the process, please contact Sarah Thewlis, Managing Director, on 020 7850 4781 or email: email@example.com.
Sarah will be happy to discuss this opportunity with you and answer any questions you may have.
Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee