- U0104 - RCVS - Lay Person Role 2021 - Closing Date: 19 March 5pm
- About the RCVS and the ARC
- Person Specification of the ARC Lay Person
- Conflicts of interest
- Fitness to be a member on the ARC
- Terms and conditions of office
- Timeline, Application Process and How to apply
- Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring
- Annex A - The Seven Principles of Public Life
- Advert PDF
- Candidate Brief PDF
Welcome from Elizabeth Butler Chair of the ARC
I am delighted that you have expressed an interest in applying to be a member the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) of the RCVS. This committee supports RCVS Council by reviewing the comprehensiveness and reliability of assurances and internal controls in meeting the Council’s oversight responsibilities.
I joined the RCVS in 2012 when the Committee was formed. I wanted to use my experience to develop and embed this Committee into the governance framework of the organisation. It has been an exciting and rewarding journey. My second term ends in July and we are now seeking a qualified accountant to join the Committee.
If this is an opportunity that appeals to you and you believe you have the required skills and knowledge plus commitment to the seven principles of public life, we would very much like to hear from you.
For a confidential conversation with Thewlis Graham Associates, who are managing the process, please contact Sarah Thewlis, Managing Director, on 020 7850 4781 or email email@example.com. Sarah will be happy to discuss this opportunity with you and answer any questions you may have.
Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee